All axes. The following reasons are why I think the machine is not brand new:
1. The rubber feet are worn. Seems like machine was pushed around on rough surface for a fair bit.
2. The linear rails out the box have very fine black muck on them, especially at the ends where they form a ring round the rail. Rings are form by debris being pushed by linear blocks running from end to end. Sign of extensive use?
3. Ball screws look dull. That prompted me to wipe it with paper towel. Picked up black muck and tiny aluminum chips on paper towel. I did this by attaching the ballscrew to an electric drill, lightly pressing paper towel on screw and let it run along the screw with drill running.
4. Evident of debris and aluminum chips all over machine.
5. Paint does not look fresh. Some paint has come off resulting in some rust on the steel frame.
6. I was told there will be a couple of weeks lead time when I place order for machine. But one day later received an email indicating that machine is ready for shipment pending payment. Was very appreciative of this because I did say I needed one ASAP. Was sent display/demo unit?
I'm not sure if a photo is helpful. After all, I've cleaned the ballscrews and repainted the frame last weekend. The ballscrews are difficult to clean properly (and hence me asking question on forum). Maybe I am still able to get some of that muck out for you to see.
I have no doubt that cncdiy.org is striving to keep its customers happy. Setting up this forum and taking the trouble to translate manuals are evident of this. I am not asking for replacement. It is too much trouble to repack and send a 30kg parcel. And I'm sure you would not be willing to foot the > USD$1000 freight cost for sending back and forth. I know I wouldn't.
I have one complaint - email@example.com does not respond to email especially after sales. Good thing that this forum is responsive.
- cncdiy wrote:
- Can you show photos or video for it? Which axis have the problem?
All of our selling machines are installed new ball screws which are made in China.